The National Education Collaboration Trust (NECT) is offering the Latest Communication Internships 2015 in South Africa. The Communication Graduate Programme 2015 will jump start your career and boost your experience level in short period of time.
The NECT Careers and Jobs usually remain vacant, and you may also avail the NECT Jobs after completing the Communication Internship Programme 2015. The Communication Training Programme 2015 is available for the hard working and talented candidates, so you should avail these opportunities at the first convenient. It is also worth mentioning here that you may get more better Communication Jobs or Communication Vacancies after having good experience in the field. The Communication Internship Opportunities are rare in South Africa, and you can get the full advantage of the NECT Internships 2015. The interested candidates should go through the complete job details before forwarding their job application form to the concerned / recruitment department.
Communication Internships in South Africa at NECT: Graduate Jobs 2015
The National Education Collaboration Trust (NECT) seeks 8 dynamic self-starters to assist in regional communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for an organisation that is focussed on creating a better future for South Africa in the education area.
- Meet regularly with relevant stakeholders
- Attend district meetings, such as the District Steering Committee (DSC) meeting amongst others
- Visit projects on the ground and assess which ones should be highlighted together with the Lead Agents and the National Communications Manager, thereafter write an article based on this
- Manage and maintain relationships with local media including radio, print and online
- Build contacts and sources for use in future stories
- Write, post, manage and maintain relevant social media for the district
- Manage and maintain the NECT CRM database for the district, including obtaining and capturing details from all relevant stakeholders
- Interview stakeholders in the district
- Write relevant articles regularly and timeously
- Ability to write communication required for the district
- Memorandums / notifications
- Fact-check information given to you by interviewees
- Work within defined templates (provided) for newsletters, reports and other
- Compile detailed status reports in order to report back
- A good understanding of available technological tools such as a computer, camera, smart phones etc. and digital platforms such as CRM and social media
- Completed a University/College degree, in a related field (e.g., Journalism, English, Marketing / Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications an advantage
- Understanding of the basic principles of journalism, communications, public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Passion for education, cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Must also be able to speak a local language (i.e. Northern Sotho/Sepedi in Limpopo, Xhosa in Eastern Cape, Setswana in North West, Ndebele in Mpumalanga and Zulu in KZN)
- Must be from one of these provinces: Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, North West or the Eastern Cape Province, and willing to work there.
Closing Date: 01 July 2015
How to Apply for Communication Graduate Jobs 2015: NECT Internships in South Africa
If you meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned above, please a send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Kabelo Mpyatona on email@example.com
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks.
The NECT is one of the famous companies working in South Africa, and it can jump start your career by providing you valuable experience in the field. So don’t waste your time here and there, and join the NECT as Communication Intern.