CSIR is offering the Master Studentships 2014 in Cape Town, South Africa. The CSIR Master Studentship Programme 2014 at the Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC) is offering the job opportunities for students, where a lot of students will get experience in the relevant field.
CSIR Master Studenthsips are research based jobs, where you will be carrying a research on Square Kilometer Array (SKA). During this CSIR Trainning Programme or CSIR Learnership Job 2014, you will get a lot of experience and expertise, which will be helpful in building your career. After completing the Master Studentship in Cape Town by CSIR, you will get more job opportunities and available vacancies in near future. So have a look on the CSIR Master Studentships 2014 and submit your C.V. to get selected.
Master’s Studentship in Galaxy Evolution and Cosmology using HCP
About the job:
The student will work within a team based at the Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC) in Cape Town and will carry out research related to the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) – the billion-dollar radio telescope that is being built in South Africa. The focus of the project will be on using CHPC facilities to mine existing multi-wavelength datasets for studies in the field of galaxy evolution and cosmology, but could also include testing applications using new computing technology.
- Develop code to extract properties of astronomical sources detected in multi-wavelength surveys, focusing on the clustering of galaxy clusters.
- Investigate the use of different facilities at the CHPC to optimise the performance of the code.
- Write at least one journal article about the results of the study.
- Participate in other SKA-related projects that will be carried out at the CHPC.
- Participate in workshops and outreach activities at the CHPC.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- An Honours degree or equivalent in physics, computer science, astronomy, applied mathematics or a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a strong computational component.
- Extensive Linux experience.
- Extensive programming experience in Python, C and/or FORTRAN.
Closing date: Not Specified
How to Apply for CSIR Master Studentship Programme 2014
If you think that you comply with the eligibility criteria and other qualification requirements, you can Click Here to Apply Online at CSIR Recruitment Page. So don’t waste your time and apply for the Learnership or CSIR Master Studentship in Cape Town, South Africa at the earliest possible time.