Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is offering the Latest Bursaries in South Africa. The Bursary Programme 2017 at DAFF will grant you special funds to manage your educational expenses. If you are looking for Bursaries for 2017, you have come to the right place, as Government Bursaries have been announced by the company. The Government Bursary Programme 2017 should be availed by the interested candidates at the first convenient.
Various Bursary Awards and Schemes for 2017 have been announced by different government and private institutes. Dept of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries Bursary Programme 2017 will best fit to your needs. The Bursary Awards 2017 are available for the candidates with the following fields of study. If you are interested in the Bursary Programme for 2017, you should have a look on the following Government Bursaries 2017 before submitting your bursary application form at the bursary dept of DAFF, South Africa.
Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries Bursary Programme 2017
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in a career in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2017 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications are invited from South African citizens for the following fields of study:
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology
- B.Sc. Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. Entomology
- B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science
- B.Sc. Marine Biology
- B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology
- B.Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture
- National Diploma: Food Technology
- National Diploma: Forestry
- National Diploma: Marine Science
- Postgraduate studies (B.Tech, B.Sc., Hons., M.Tech., M.Sc., D.Tech. and Ph.D.) in different agricultural, forestry and fisheries fields of study relating to DAFF priority research projects. Successful candidates will be appointed as interns and placed with the relevant industry/research institution/institution of higher learning as young professionals. Successful candidates will also be allocated a mentor and will receive a monthly allowance from the department.
Minimum requirements (National Senior Certiﬁcate)
- Study Fields (1-2) – Mathematics and Physical Science 6 (70-79)
- Study Fields (3-9) – Mathematics and Physical Science 5 (60-69)
- Study Fields (10-12) – Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (50-59)
It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal • Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.): University of Pretoria
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch • B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- B.Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- B.Sc. Entomology: University of Pretoria, Free State and Fort Hare • National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma: Marine Science: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
How to Apply for Bursaries at Dept of Agriculture Forestry & Fisheries
Applications close on 30 September 2016. Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application form (download here). All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to the following address:
The Director: Ms Amanda Shokane, Directorate: Sector Education and Training Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Private Bag X250, Pretoria 0001
For further enquiries please contact:
- Mr Frans Setseba on 012 319 7848
- Mr Vusimuzi Mngomezulu on 012 319 7923
- Ms Boitumelo Maleka on 012 319 7024
Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by 15 January 2017, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
You can also get further details about the Bursary Award 2017 at Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries, South Africa. Keep in mind the closing date of the Bursary Programme for 2017 and submit your bursary application form at the first convenient to avail these Bursary Opportunities available in South Africa.