The Glencore has announced the Latest Bursaries 2015 in South Africa. The Glencore Bursary Programme 2015 is available for Students of Mining Engineering, Mining Survey, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgy, Geology, Mechanical Engineering and B.com Financial Management. The Glencore Bursaries 2015 can manage your financial expenses during studies. If you are not able to pay your school fee, tuition fee and other expenditures, you should submit the Glencore Bursary Application Form at the concerned department to avail these available bursaries for 2015 in South Africa.
Glencore Bursaries for 2015 are available for those candidates who are really working hard in their studies and can’t manage their educational expenses. The recently announced bursary scheme by Glencore is available for those hard working and talented candidates. If you want to get full advantage of the bursary programme, you should have a look on the details of bursary before submitting your application.
Glencore Bursaries for Engineering Students and Other Fields of Studies
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries, plus we have over 150 mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. We employ approximately 190 000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else. They are our greatest asset. Our strategy is to maintain and build upon our position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide. Join us and let’s grow together
Glencore Coal SA offers tertiary level bursaries to dynamic, results orientated students in following fields of study.
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- BCom (Financial Management)
- Mining Survey
Costs covered by the bursary
- Registration & Tuition fees
- Residence & Meals fees
- Prescribed textbook
- Personal allowance
- Payment of any compulsory excursion or seminar which may be required
- An allowance towards a laptop & Printer
- Paid vacation work, where applicable
Requirements / Eligibility Criteria for Bursaries at Glencore South Africa
In determining successful candidates, a combination of the following criteria will be applied:
- In line with the Company’s Social and Labour Plans, successful candidates will come from the local communities where Glencore Coal South Africa owned and managed operations are located;
- The ability of the parents/guardians to fund tertiary education; and Matric results.
- Engineering disciplines candidates must obtain a minimum rating of 6 (70%-79%) in mathematics and science, 5 (60%-69) English and as per requirement of institutions
- The candidates must obtain a minimum rating 5 (60%-69%) in Mathematics, Accounting and English to be considered in Finance
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a service obligation with Glencore Coal SA
- Successful candidates must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to the commencement of Bursary Award
Description of information to be included in the application letter:
- What do you do at present [e.g. Grade 12, 1st or 2nd year]
- What is your preferred field or your current field of study?
- Certified copy of ID, latest results, if currently in Grade 12 include Grade 11 results.
How to Apply for Glencore Bursary Programme 2014
The Glencore is one of the biggest companies working in South Africa. The company has allocated some funds for the new bursary programme 2015 for students in various fields of study. So if you comply with the eligibility criteria, you should Apply Online for the latest Glencore Bursaries 2015 available in South Africa to manage your educational expenses.