Metro Police is offering the special and latest Traineeship Programme in the city of Johannesburg. This is a special Traineeship job, which looks like a learnership, internship or a special training programme by Metro Police in Johannesburg.
Several Job Vacancies at Metro Police Johannesburg usually remain vacant, and now a days a lot of candidates are willing to get Traineeship at Metro Police in City of Johannesburg. Hence you should have a look on the following Traineeship or Learnership Job Details before applying to the Metro Police Traineeships.
Metro Police Jobs Descriptions
The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality hereby invites applicants who are interested in undergoing an intense training programme to qualifying as Metropolitan Police Officers to apply.
Terms of training and possible employment: Metro Police Trainees will be accepted to undergo training for 18 months and upon successful completion of the training, will be considered for employment as Metro Police Officers.
Requirements / Eligibility Criteria
- Be in possession of a valid Senior Certificate (Grade 12).
- Be a South African resident of Johannesburg metropolitan area.
- Be between the ages of 18-35 years.
- Be healthy; physically and mentally fit. (Medical Certificate required).
- Have no criminal conviction (excluding previous convictions relating to political activities in the previous dispensation).
- Be prepared and willing to allow his/her fingerprints to be taken for purposes of checking criminal records.
- Be proficient in English.
- Possess a valid minimum Code B driving license (manual transmission).
The incumbent should be reliable, honest, have a positive attitude, be patient and ability to work under pressure, under all weather conditions and shift hours.
Terms of training:
- For the duration of the training: (12 months traffic officer qualification and 6 months Police skills programme).
- The trainees will be subjected to the terms of the training contract.
- The City will pay a stipend in compliance with its policy. Upon completion of training the trainee will be considered for full-time employment with the City subject to:
- Successful completion of the full extent of the training programme; and
- As qualified MPO, the incumbent must take the oath of office as determined by the Municipality. After successful completion of the course you will be deployed to any area within Joburg Municipal boundaries.
How to Apply for Metro Police Vacancies and Traineeship Jobs
Updated CV’s with certified copies of qualifications, drivers lenience, SA ID and Medical Certificate to be hand delivered at: City Of Johannesburg, Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Academy, 1 Stevenson Road, Selby. (Opposite Booysens station).
No Faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Should you not receive correspondence from us by 31 December 2013 please consider your application as unsuccessful.
If you think that you comply with the above mentioned job criteria, you must apply for this Traineeship Programme at Metro Police Department, Johannesburg, South Africa.