The National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS) is offering the Laboratory Assistants Opportunities in South Africa. The NHLS Lab Vacancies 2015 / 2016 have been announced and you can now apply for Student Laboratory Assistant Vacancies available at NHLS in Bloemfontein and Free State, South Africa. Laboratory Assistants are Wanted at NHLS, where they will learn a lot of new things in the field of laboratory.
The Laboratory Jobs usually remain available / vacant in South Africa, so you may avail the Laboratory Assistant Jobs at NHLS South Africa. The NHLS Careers should be availed by the interested candidates after having a look on the below mentioned details.
NHLS Laboratory Jobs 2016 in South Africa: NHLS Careers
The National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS) has 4 Laboratory Assistant (Student) opportunities with its Laboratory Support Services in Bloemfontein, Free State (Fixed-Term contract – 18 months).
Key Job responsibilities:
- Receive, sort and refer (where applicable) specimens for testing
- Verifies and validates information on the system against specimens received and tests requested
- Liaise the receiving area regarding errors made during data capturing
- Carries out different laboratory procedures for specimen preparation for analysis in accordance with the specific tests required and standard operating procedures up to final analysis
- Performs tasks in support of the analytical process as per discipline requirements (e.g. loading of the analysers archiving of specimens etc )
- Labels and stores samples (where applicable) to ensure traceability in accordance with procedures
- Disposes of specimens in accordance with the standard operating procedures and legislation
- Must be able to lift heavy containers of approximately 25 kg onto a trolley and deliver them to the laboratory as well as the waste management area for disposal
- Monitors stock availability of consumables to ensure availability of all necessary commodities
- Applies all safety and housekeeping regulations according to policy and legislation to ensure a safe working environment.
- Grade 12 (Mathematics and Science)
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Laboratory Assistant (Student)
- Knowledge of laboratory information system will be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Technically orientated
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team orientated
- Work under pressure
- Work unsociable hours
Closing Date: 09 September 2015
How to Apply for NHLS Lab Vacancies for Laboratory Assistants
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should Apply Online for the recently announced Careers at National Health Laboratory Service. ( Use this reference number IRC26287)
NHLS is a big name in the Laboratory field, so the NHLS Lab Jobs can jump start your career by engaging you under the team of veterans. The NHLS will boost your experience level in short span of time, and you will get a good salary and promotions while working on NHLS. Hence you should not miss these Laboratory Assistant Career Opportunities, and forward your application soon.