The NYDA is offering the Latest Bursary 2017 for poor students. The NYDA has allocated the Education Enablers Fund for New Bursaries 2017, and a lot of needy students are going to get financial support for their studies. If you are finding it hard to pay for your school or college, then you should submit your application form for NYDA Bursaries 2017, where Education Enablers Fund has been allocated to meet your educational expenses.
The Government Bursaries for 2017 are rare in South Africa, and a lot of students are trying to get funds from Government Bursaries. The National Youth Development Agency i.e. NYDA has also allocated some funds for deserving candidates / students in South Africa.
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Bursary Programme 2017 will pay for your education finance / expenses, and you will be able to study with more ease and reliability. The NYDA Education Enablers Fund will manage your educational expenditures, and you will be able to study without any tension / trouble. The interested candidates can have a look on the details of NYDA Bursary Programme 2017 i.e. available for South African Students.
NYDA Bursaries For 2017 for Students: Education Enablers Fund
In its quest to address the challenge of access to education, among many other challenges, the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is calling South African young people who intend to study at registered Universities and Universities of Technology to apply for the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund for the 2017 academic year.
The NYDA established the Scholarship Fund in honour of Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu who at the age of 23, was executed under the apartheid laws after being wrongfully accused of murder and terrorism. Fearing crowd reaction at the funeral, police decided to bury Mahlangu in Atteridgeville, Pretoria.
The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies. Financial support will be provided to youth who pursue full time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labor planning frameworks of the country.
The Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, meals & study books. For the 2017 Academic year, only degree studies at public Universities and Universities of Technology will be considered. This does NOT include TVET colleges.
Objectives of The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund:
- To provide financial support to youth in the form of scholarships to increase their chances of accessing quality higher education in their field of study
- To increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education and employability
- To establish the largest scholarship programme in the country, which will enable youth to study at local public universities and universities of technology
- Empower the youth (14-35) with education to enable them to compete favourably in the labor market.
- Contribute to the development of critical and scarce skills
The following eligibility criteria will apply:
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st year full-time student in a priority study (see below).
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or university of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
Closing Date: 15 January 2017
How do I access this fund? / How to Apply for NYDA Bursary 2017
The National Youth Development Agency is offering the Government Bursary Opportunities 2017 for the deserving candidates. So if you comply with the eligibility criteria and other necessary requirements as mentioned above, you should apply online for the NYDA Bursaries 2017. The NYDA Bursary Application is available on the official site (NYDA Official Site) of NYDA, where you can also get more information about the bursaries. So you should not waste you time, and submit your education enabler fund application form at the first convenient to get full advantage of the recently announced government bursary programme.