Sasol has started the Latest Bursary Programme 2015 for students in South Africa. Sasol Bursary Programme 2015 includes a lot of benefits for students for paying their fees. Latest Online Bursaries in South Africa are also available at big institutes, where you can apply and get benefits of 2014 bursaries.
Latest Available Bursaries 2014-2015 at Sasol, South Africa must be utilized by the needy students. Hence if you are interested in South African Bursaries or Scholarships at Sasol, you must go through the below mentioned details before submitting you Sasol Bursary Application Form.
Sasol Bursary Programme 2015
What does a Sasol bursary include?
The Sasol bursary is a comprehensive bursary which includes the following:
- 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a single room at a university hostel at the university at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by sasol in conjunction with the university.
- An amount for meals based on three meals per day, as determined by the university.
- An amount of approximately R800,00 per annum, towards book and pocket money.
- Prescribed tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees are paid directly to the university.
- Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects.
- Monies for accommodation are paid directly to the university if the student is staying in university-administered accommodation.
- In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation and meals will be paid directly to the individual. In such instances, the amounts will be limited to that prescribed in points 2 and 3 above.
- Book and pocket money will be paid directly to the individual.
- Payments in respect of the above are made twice a year. The first payment is made at the beginning of the first semester, and the second payment is made at the beginning of the second semester.
- Full details of the payment process and the requirements which must be met are communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Sasol after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary.
The Sasol Bursary Scheme offers bursaries on the basis of a service-binding contract after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary. Applications may be submitted for one of the following fields of study:
|B Eng or BSc Engineering|
|Chemistry (Masters compulsory)|
|Geology (Hons compulsory)|
|Metallurgy (Hons compulsory)|
|Logistics (Hons compulsory)|
|Informatics (Hons compulsory)|
|Procurement & Supply (Hons compulsory)|
|Accounting/ BBscience CA Stream (CTA, PGDA compulsory)|
|University of Technology If you have passed or are currently busy with Grade 12/N3 Maths, Physical Science and English, you can apply for a University of Technology bursary.
These bursaries are awarded in Mechanical Engineering, Power (Electrical Engineering and Process Instrumentation).
For more information on a University of Technology bursary, contact 0860 106 235.
No bursaries are awarded for fields of study not listed above. Bursaries are not always awarded in each field of study every year. Applicants should submit an application based on a real interest in the field. Applicant should be a South African Resident.
How to Apply
Sasol Bursaries 2015 are available in various categories like mechanical, civil, electronics, industrial, mining, mechatronics and computer sciences. Hence if you require an online bursary programme and you comply with the eligibility criteria provided by Sasol for 2015 Learnerships, you should Apply Online for the Latest Bursaries and Scholarships in South Africa.