The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality is offering the Latest Scholarships 2016-2020 in South Africa. The Scholarship Programme 2016 / 2020 is available for those candidates who are willing to get experience in Transportation, Logistics and Aviation fields of study. If you are looking for the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursaries and Scholarships for 2016/2017, you have come to the right place.
The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Scholarship Programme will pay for your educational expenses, and you will become able to study with more ease and reliability. Various 2016 / 2017 Scholarships in South Africa have been announced by different companies and institutes, so you should avail these Scholarship Grants or Awards in order to relax your study time. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Jobs mostly remain available / vacant, and you may also avail these Jobs after availing the Government Scholarships 2016 / 2020. The Long Terms Scholarship Awards should be availed by the interested candidates. You should have a look on the details of New Scholarships in South Africa at EMM before forwarding your scholarship application form to the concerned / scholarship department of the municipality.
Latest Scholarship Programme at Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality in South Africa
The City of Ekurhuleni adopted a 30-year Aerotropolis Master Plan as a strategic city development tool to promote and stimulate the airport city economy around the OR Tambo International Airport. The Ekurhuleni Growth and Development Strategy 2055 identified the investment in human development as a priority area of focus in enhancing the growth trajectory of the regional economy of the City as well as in the implementation of the 30-year master plan.
In partnership with the Breda Municipality and Breda University of Applied Sciences (NHTV) in the Netherlands, the City of Ekurhuleni has developed an international programme to expose youth from Ekurhuleni to specialised programmes in Transportation, Aviation, Logistics.
Twenty fully funded scholarships are available to driven young people under the age of 35 are on offer to further their graduate studies at the NHTV University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands over a period of four years. The scholarship programme starts on 1 August through to 30 June 2020. Interested young people can apply, but must meet the entry requirement as set out by the City of Ekurhuleni and Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Conditions and Qualifying Criteria
- The applicant must be a resident of the City of Ekurhuleni between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants must have an interest in studying, and pursuing a career in, logistics management
- Applicants must have obtained an average year mark of no less than 70% in matric/Grade 12.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record.
- All successful applicants will be expected to enter into a four year binding contract with the municipality.
- All successful applicants will be subjected to a predefined screening and placement process, which will include psychometric evaluation, written assessments and panel interviews.
- All successful applicants will be required to obtain the necessary permits to enable their studies in the Netherlands
- Applicants with a criminal record WILL NOT be eligible to apply for the programme.
- Applicants who are subsequently not eligible for entry into the Netherlands will be automatically disqualified from the programme – even after they have complied with other conditions of the programme
- Certified copies of academic results and transcripts;
- Proof of residence;
- A 1,000 words motivation letter stating reasons for the application;
- Reference letters from community leaders, spiritual leaders and academia;
- Valid passport.
Closing Date: 29 April 2016
How to Apply For Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursaries / Scholarships 2016/2020
Complete applications can be either hand delivered to Caiphus Chauke, HOD: Economic Development, at the Ekurhuleni Business Facilitation Network, Cnr Monument and Voortrekker streets, Kempton Park, or emailed to email@example.com
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should forward your Scholarship Application Form to the Bursaries and Scholarship Grants Department of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality. The Government Scholarship Programme 2016/2020 have been announced by Municipality, and you should get the full advantage.