The Department of Social Development is offering the Social Work Scholarships 2016-2017 in South Africa. The Latest Scholarships are available with various departments in South Africa, and now the Social Work Scholarship Programme 2016/2017 has been announced by Dept of Social Development, South Africa.
The Social Work Scholarship 2016/2017 is helpful for the hard working and talented students. The 2016 Scholarship Funds have been allocated by the provider, and a lot of students will get full advantage of the Available Scholarships in South Africa. The Scholarship Grants will help you a lot in managing your educational finance.
The Social Work Scholarships in South Africa are available for talented students, so they should apply online for the Scholarship 2016/2017 at Dept of Social Development. The Social Work Scholarship Forms are available over the web, so you should forward your scholarship application form at the first convenient. The interested candidates should have a look on the details as mentioned below before forwarding their application form.
Social Work Scholarship Programme 2016 at Dept of Social Development
As part of the recruitment and retention strategy and initiative to address critical and scarce skills in the sector, the National Department of Social Development is hereby making a scholarship available in the field of Social Work. Applications are open to current Social Work students as well as prospective students who would like to enroll for a Social Work Degree. Students who are currently holders of a National Department of Social Development Scholarship do not have to apply. The Scholarship will cover Registration, Tuition, Prescribed books, stipend for practicals and official accommodation provided by the University (ONLY ACCOMODATION, WHICH HAS BEEN CONTRACTED BY THE RELEVANT UNIVERSITY MIGHT BE CONSIDERED).
The applicant must:
- Be a South African Citizen
- New applicants must comply with the entry requirements set by the University and provide proof of admission by the University or a proof of payment for admission.
- Fully and correctly complete the scholarship application form which is obtainable from the Social Work faculty at the University or from the Provincial Departments of Social Development (See contact details below).
- Attach the following documentation such as a CV, certified copies of grade 12 results, Academic Record, your Identity Document, your parents or legal guardian identity document and their proof of income.
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement for counter service with the Department of Social Development.
Remember: ?THE STUDENT SHOULD STILL APPLY TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HIS/HER CHOICE TO REQUEST ADMISSION.
THE APPLICANT MUST:
- Be a South African Citizen
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the University
- Fully and correctly complete the Scholarship Application form
- Be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department (More details will be contained in the agreement)
- Must complete the qualification within the minimum period as prescribed by the University
WHAT WILL BE COVERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The Scholarship will pay for Registration, Tuition, Prescribed books, Official Accommodation provided by the university and practical stipends for fourth year students only. Only accommodation contracted by the relevant university will be considered.
Please note that:
- a) Only specified accounts will be paid. When purchasing books, every item must be specified. Only prescribed study material will be covered by the scholarship.
- b) This Department pays, within the amount of the scholarship, only appropriate expenses and does not pay out any unused money to the student.
- c) All claims for payment must be submitted to your NSFAS office by not later than 1 March for the first semester and 1 August for the second semester to ensure that all accounts are paid timeously. STUDENTS SHOULD LIAISE WITH THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICES TO COMPLETE AND SIGN THE SCHEDULE OF PARTICULARS. FAILURE TO DO THIS MAY RESULT IN THE NON-PAYMENT OF YOUR ACCOUNTS.
- d) Full study fees will only be settled after April, however a minimum payment will be made by NSFAS after receipt of a proforma invoice.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS SHOULD STILL APPLY FOR ADMISSION FROM THE DIFFERENT UNIVERSITIES. STUDENTS ARE ADVISED TO APPLY AS EARLY AS MAY/JUNE FOR ADMISSION FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR. UNIVERSITIES CONTACT DETAILS.
Closing Date: 31 October 2015
How to Apply for Social Work Scholarship 2016: Dept of Social Development Scholarship Opportunities
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should Click here to download the application form. You should apply through your province, so you can Click Here to download the information pack.
The Social Work Scholarship Awards 2016 will pay for your educational expenses, and you will be able to study with more ease and responsibility. If you are in search of a Scholarship Grant, then you have come to the right place. The Social Work Scholarship Opportunities may best suits to your needs, so don’t waste your time, and apply online to get Scholarship Grants.