The South Deep Education Trust is offering the Latest Bursaries 2018 / 2019 in South Africa. The SDET Bursary Programme 2018-2019 is available for hard working and talented students in South Africa. If you are looking for the Bursary Application Form regarding South Deep Education Trust Bursaries 2018 / 2019, you have come to the right place, as the Bursary Scheme is available.
The South Deep Mine Careers usually remain available / vacant in South Africa, and now you can apply online for the recently announced Available Bursaries in South Africa. Various Bursaries for 2018-2019 have been announced by different companies, and now the South Deep Mine Vacancies are also available for those candidates who are willing to avail the Bursary Grants. It is also pertinent to mention here that the South Deep Mine Jobs may also be availed by interested candidates after having some good experience in the relevant field. The interested candidates should have a look on the details before forwarding their Bursary Application Form to the concerned department of company.
South Deep Education Trust Bursary Programme 2018-2019
Applications for South Deep Education Trust bursaries are now open. The trust focuses on creating educational opportunities for youth in Westonaria, where the company’s South Deep mine is based. The bursaries are aimed at students entering their first, second or third year of tertiary studies in 2018.
The bursary does not cover arrears fees payable by the student for previous years of study. Educational Grants will be allocated on a year-by-year basis. No Educational Grant is automatically renewed for subsequent years of study, and all recipients must apply for Educational Grants for each subsequent year of study.
The South Deep Education Trust is a trust founded by Gold Fields limited, with its main objective being the utilisation of donations and other accruals to provide funding to its defined beneficiaries for providing educational training facilities, tuition, granting of scholarships, bursaries, skills development, provision of school buildings or equipment for educational institutions, curriculum support, school development, safety and security at schools, outreach programmes, study and research.
The Trust’s beneficiaries are Historically Disadvantaged Persons hailing from the communities surrounding Gold Fields’ South Deep Mine, and from geographical locations that yield a high rate of migration to areas in which Gold Fields and its subsidiaries trade – The Labour Sending Areas.
Eligibility Criteria / Requirements for Bursaries at South Deep Education Trust
Only applicants that fulfil the following criteria will be considered for Educational Grants:
- Historically Disadvantaged Individuals from low-income households in the communities surrounding the South Deep Mine and/or the Labour Sending Areas;
- Students in their first three years of tertiary study (unless the trustees deem a particular case exceptional and decide in their discretion to award an Educational Grant to a post-graduate student);
- Only students applying to universities or TVETs who do not have existing bursaries, scholarships or other forms of funding;
- Applicants in any field which has application (technical or non-technical) in the mining sector in South Africa;
- First time applicants must have achieved an average pass mark of 60% for the most recent year of study (excluding life orientation);
- Repeat Applicants (those who have previously received an Education Grant from the Trust) must have passed the most recent year of study. In the event that such a student has achieved an average pass mark but has failed a particular subject, the Trust shall not pay for the repeat of that particular subject, and the student shall be responsible for the costs of the repeat
- No dependents of the trustees of the Trust may apply
Closing Date: 31 October 2017
How to Apply for South Deep Education Trust Bursary 2018-2019
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria and other essential requirements, you should Click Here to apply online for recently announced 2018 Bursaries in South Africa. The South Deep Gold Mine Bursaries should be availed by interested students living in SA.