The Western Cape Provincial Government’s Department of Transport & Public Works is offering the Traffic Officer Training Programme 2014 in Western Cape, South Africa. The Traffic Officer Training in Western Cape will be started soon, and a lot of candidates will get the special Training as Traffic Officers in South Africa.
If you are looking for the latest Traffic Officer Learnerships and Apprenticeships have been announced various times in South Africa, and a lot of people have got benefits from these Traffic Officer Training Jobs in Western Cape, South Africa. If you are interested in getting the Traffic Officer Training, you sh0ould join the Dpet of Transport & Public Works’ Training Porgramme 2014 to get the required training while working under the kind control of veterans in this field.
It is also expected that you will get better Traffic Officer Jobs in Western Cape or other areas of South Africa after the successful completion of your Traffic Officer Learnerships or Training Programme 2014 in Western Cape. The interested candidates who are willing to join the Traffic Officer Training 2014 in Western Cape, can submit their job application after having a look on the details of available Training Jobs in Western Cape.
Traffic Officer Training Programme 2014 Available in Western Cape South Africa
- Grade 12 (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 4
- A valid code B manual driver’s licence
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province
- Physically fit and able to do strenuous exercises
- Have no criminal record and will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS
- Must qualify to be appointed as an Authorised Officer and for appointment as a Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977
- Must reside in the immediate vicinity of their selected Traffic Centres
- 1 year driving experience will serve as a recommendation
- Applicants younger than 35 will receive preference
- Fingerprint checks by the SAPS
- Knowledge test
- Fitness test
- Driving test
- Medical test; Interview
Duties will entail:
- Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations
- Provide visible traffic control and traffic policing
- Promote and ensure crime prevention activities
- Perform all administrative activities and related duties