Transnet Group Services is offering the Latest Jobs for Trainee Protection Officers in South Africa. 1,145 Positions for Trainee Protection Officers are lying vacant at the Security Department of Transnet. It is also pertinent to mention here that after the successful completion of 11 weeks Learnership Programme 2014, the candidates may get permanent employment at Transnet as Transnet Trainee Protection Officers.
Transnet Group Services is one of the biggest companies working in South Africa, and you can avail the Jobs at Transnet after completing the training programme 2014. Hence if you are looking for the Transnet Jobs for 2014 in South Africa, you should submit your job application at the earliest possible time for Transnet Careers and available Vacancies. The interested candidates should have a look on the complete advert before submitting the application for employment at Transnet Group Services.
Trainee Protection Officers Jobs at Transnet South Africa
Reference Number: 6001382
Objectives of the Programme
- To undergo a Security training program and be confirmed as a competent Protection Officer after 11 weeks of Training.
- The Transnet School of Security offers an eleven (11) weeks Learnership in SASSETA Skills Programme 1 & 2
- Demonstrate Knowledge of the Firearms control act 2000 (Act no.60 of 2000)
- Handle and use of handgun for business purposes
- Peace Officers Training
POSITIONS ADVERTISED PER PROVINCE
Please note that applicants should be residing in the area they are applying for; proof of residence MUST accompany the application.
Applicants may not apply for learnerships in more than one area; you may only apply in the area you are residing. Applications received for multiple areas will be disqualified. The job opportunities for Transnet Trainee Protection Officers are available at the following places.
- Eastern Cape – 157
- Free State – 128
- Gauteng – 216
- Kwa-Zulu Natal – 105
- Limpopo – 15
- Mpumalanga – 69
- North- West – 16
- Northern Cape – 150
- Western Cape – 289
Qualifications & Experience:
- Unless the applicant can demonstrate that he/she has gained the necessary competencies through extensive experience, a Grade 12 certificate is required
- Must pass the Fitness Evaluation
- Must be medically fit and pass Medical Examination and Psychometrical test
- No Criminal record
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Experience in the SANDF, the SAPS, Correctional Services, other Police Services and the Private Security Industry environment will be an added advantage
Fitness selection Criteria
Fitness evaluation: Male
- 2.4 km run under 12 min
- 2 minutes to complete as many push ups as possible (min 40)
- 2 minutes to complete as many sit ups as possible (min 55)
- 10 shuttle runs in less than 60 seconds (lines are 22 metres apart)
- 4 km walk in less than 30 minutes
- Fitness evaluation: Female
- 2.4 km run under 14:30 min
- 2 minutes to complete as many push ups as possible (min required 34)
- 2 minutes to complete as many sit ups as possible (min required 31)
- 10 shuttle runs in less than 70 seconds (lines are 22 metres apart)
- 4 km walk in less than 35 minutes
- Medical assessment will be the inherent requirement of the job.
- If you have done a medical assessment in the last 6 months please attach the results
- Should more applicants per area meet the minimum requirement the fitness result would be considered to determine the successful applicant.
- Analytic thinking
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (Writing & Verbal)
- Good listener
- Must be able to work with other people and as a team
- Open minded and always pro-active in actions
- Sense of professionalism
- Good frame of mind to be able to retain information
- Self-confidence Flexibility
- Computer literacy will be added an added advantage
How to Apply for Trainee Protection Officer Jobs at Transnet Group Services
If you possess with the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying you must e-mail your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to RecruitmentTransnetSOS@transnet.net or Apply Online.
Closing Date: 14 March 2014 at 12H00 (Midday)
Please note that due to the fast amount of applications received Transnet would not be in a possession to respond to telephonic enquiries regarding your application.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
You should not waste your time here and there, and apply for the Trainee Protection Officer Vacancies at the earliest possible time. The Transnet Jobs 2014 are available in different cities and provinces, so you should submit your application in your region to avail the employment and job opportunities for 2014 at Transnet Group.