Transnet Freight Rail is offering the Trainee Train Assistant Jobs for 2017 in Ermelo, Mpumalanga, South Africa. If you are looking for Transnet Vacancies, then you are at the right place. The Transnet is offering the Trainee Train Driver Jobs 2017, where you can raise your experience level as train driver. The Transnet Jobs usually remain available / vacant in South Africa, so you should get valuable experience in order to avail the Transnet Careers in South Africa. The Transnet Trainee Jobs should be availed by interested candidates.
Trainee Train Assistant Careers 2017 are available at Transnet, so you should not miss the career opportunities if you are willing to become a train driver. The Train Driver Careers mostly remain available at Transnet, South Africa, where you can avail these jobs after having some good and valuable experience. The interested candidates should have a look on the details of Trainee Train Assistant Vacancies before forwarding their job application to the recruitment department.
Trainee Train Assistant Jobs 2017 at Transnet South Africa: Transnet Vacancies in Mpumalanga
Transnet Freight Rail is looking for a Trainee Train Assistant in Ermelo, Mpumalanga, The purpose of the position is to assist the Train Driver in the movement of the train, shunt the train and to convey information to the client centre en route to enhance the safe, fast movement of commodities.
- Obtain and place equipment on train (plus minus 15 kg)
- Check and supplement prescribed equipment i.e. pantograph hook stick (plus minus 5 kg), jumper cables (plus minus 10 kg) etc.
- Coupled locomotives (multiple set) through air and vacuum hoses, jumper cable and ensure correct functioning of automatic coupler between locomotives
- Despatch locomotives, operating hand operated points
- Attach and/or detach vehicles according to works order in absence of yard personnel (Equivalent of 45 kg)
- Mount telemeters (where necessary) i.e. mount (front unit = 5.17 kg) (rear unit = 8.06 kg)
- Remove and carry train indicators to last vehicle and mount (side and rear indicators) (plus minus 10 kg). Required to board vehicle to effect proper mounting
- Examining of train as prescribed
- Verbal exchange of signal positions •Observe proceeding trains
- Patrol locomotives (walking through corridors of electric locomotives using extended foot plate and hand rails at speeds up to 40 km/h; walking on running board of diesel locomotives and stepping over to another locomotive at speeds up to 40 km/h; manual operating of circuit breakers while locomotive is in motion)
- Protect train during incidents, accidents etc.
- Be prepared to walk relatively long distances to check train loads (day and night)
- (Determine status of train, placing and securing of detonators on rail, displaying hand signals day and night, walking on uneven ground, ability to withstand natural elements)
- Assistance to Train Driver during emergencies (in event of Driver failure to bring train to standstill; walking long distances to report position, and requirements)
- Attach/detach trucks as per works-order (manual application of equipment; standing of vehicle walking alongside moving vehicles)
- Obtain radios/handsets/two way communication radios/telemeters when applicable (carrying of communication equipment and place on footplate or mount on vehicle)
- Assist the Train Driver by applying hand brake
- Secure as prescribed (applying hand brakes and placing of scotch blocks in front wheels)
- Store tools and equipment (remove kit-box from locomotive and store away)
- Grade 12 with Mathematics
- At least 1,6 meters tall
- Visual acuity
- Be prepare to attend and pass the first available course in Trainee Train Assistant duties
- Physically able to lift and carry objects (be prepared to be subjected to assessment of physical abilities)
- Applicants must have the potential and attributes necessary to be trained to efficiently and safely perform the tasks of a Train Assistant and to be trained as a Train Driver.
- Safety conscious
- Environmental awareness
- Prepared to work overtime
- Prepared to work shifts
Closing Date: 20 October 2016
How to apply
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, the completed curriculum vitae (CV) should be submitted by fax to 0117749919 (Please use this reference number: 50009647). Alternatively you can also Click Here to apply online for Transnet South Africa Vacancies available for Train Assistants. Transnet Careers in South Africa are available for hard working and talented candidates, so you should not miss the available opportunities at the company.