Palabora Mining Company (PMC)
Closing Date 15 June 2023
Not ApplicableCompany primary industryMining and MetalsJob functional area
Palabora Copper (Pty) Ltd hereby invite Ba-Phalaborwa Communities to apply for the Internship opportunity. The opportunity is aimed at candidates who are already in possession of a relevant degree with no relevant work experience. Successful candidates will enter a 24-month Internship contract with Palabora Copper
Internship opportunities are available for the following disciplines
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geology, BSc Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry, Computer Science, Process Control/Instrumentation, Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Financial Management / BCom Accounting, Environmental Health, Human Resource Development / Human Resource Management and Mine Survey
Selection and qualifying criteria:
- Must be a South African Citizen and currently unemployed.
- Must be in possession of a degree or B-Tech degree.
- Must be between 18 – 35 years old with no criminal record.
- Must have excellent academic record
Documents to be submitted with the application:
- Cover Page
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of full academic record and degree certificate
- Certified copy of matric certificate
- Certified copy of a South African ID & driver’s license
- Proof of residential address for Ba-Phalaborwa communities (i.e. Maseke, Lulekani, Makhushane, Namakgale, Benfarm, Selwane, Mashishimale and Phalaborwa Town) e, g Municipal letter or Tribal Authority letter, certified by a commissioner of Oaths
- This is an Internship opportunity and Palabora Copper will not be obliged to offer a permanent job to the candidates upon completion of the program
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo psychometric / pre-screening assessments & interviews
- Preference will be given to candidates from Ba-Phalaborwa Local Communities
- Candidates with incomplete DMRE GCC Annexure E are also encouraged to apply
- In other disciplines, shortlisting may only be limited to females to support the organization EE targets
How to apply:
- To view full advert and apply, please visit our website > Our people> Careers >Training Opportunities or alternatively click on the link: Apply Online
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal.
- No late applications will be considered.
“People with disability and females are encouraged to apply”
Communication will be limited to shortlisted applicants. If you do not hear from us by the 30 June 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. No regret letters will be sent.