The Mintek is offering the Latest Undergraduate Bursary Programme 2016 in South Africa. The Mintek Bursaries are available for undergraduate students Cin hmistry, Chemical Engineering, Electircal Engineering, Geology, Mechanical Engineering, Physical Metallurgy, Material Science, Physics and Mining Engineering Fields. So if you are looking for the Latest Mintek Bursary Programme 2016, you have come to the right place.
Various Engineering Bursaries for 2016 have been announced by various institutes, banks and companies. Now the Mintek Bursary Application Form should also be submitted by the interested candidates living in South Africa. The Mintek Bursary Programme 2015 have already been announced previously.
Mintek Bursary Scheme 2016 should be availed by those candidates, who are unable to pay for their educational expenses. The Mintek Bursaries for 2016 will manage your educational expenses, and you will be able to study with more reliability and ease. You should have a look on the details of programme before forwarding your Mintek Bursary Application 2016 to the concerned department of the Company.
Mintek Bursary Programme 2016 in South Africa: Latest Bursaries for 2016
Applications to Mintek’s Undergraduate Bursary Programme for 2016 are now open. The closing date for undergraduate applications is 31 July 2015.Mintek’s Undergraduate Bursary Programme ensures a steady supply of trained and highly skilled technical people for Mintek to meet a major portion of company’s operational, research and development manpower needs, and also to provide appropriately-skilled graduates to the broader South African minerals and metallurgy sector, as per Mintek’s Mission Statement.
The Mintek bursary covers the full payment of registration, tuition and residence fees, plus an allowance with a commitment to work at Mintek on a year-for-year basis. The bursary is awarded for the length of the prescribed course provided that the bursar passes the registered subjects and still complies with the Mintek bursary contract. On completion of studies, bursars undergo intensive training is aimed at developing them into exceptional engineers/scientists.
Who are we looking for?
Mintek has a strong interest in students who intend to pursue / are currently pursuing undergraduate degrees, honors degrees or B.Tech diplomas in the following fields*:
- Chemistry (Analytical or Geochemistry)
- Chemical Engineering (Minerals Processing option)
- Electrical Engineering (Process Control Systems or Electronics)
- Geology (majoring in Mineralogy, Petrology, Applied Geology or Economic Geology) Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Physical Metallurgy / Materials Science
Unfortunately Mintek does not provide bursaries to students studying towards their National Diplomas or students at year one (first year) of their study programme.
Bursary Requirements / Eligibility Criteria:
- At University currently: Studying towards any of the above-mentioned degrees with an overall average of 60% and no failed courses or subjects.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must meet the university entry requirements and be accepted at a recognised South African university for full-time studies.
- A year-for-year service obligation to Mintek upon graduating, i.e. the bursar needs to work one year at Mintek for every academic year (or part thereof) that the bursar is supported.
- Vacation work at Mintek is compulsory at the end of each academic year till the 3rd year, and is fully remunerated. (Accommodation in Randburg and national transport to and from Mintek is also covered.)
How to Apply for Mintek Bursaries 2016: Latest Bursary Scheme in South Africa
Completed application forms (download here) with supporting documentation must be submitted to Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer as follows:
Via post: Mintek Bursary Office, Private Bag X3015, Randburg 2125 E-mail: [email protected] Fax: 011 709 4465
Supporting documentation to be submitted
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copy of proof of identity (ID or passport).
- Certified copies of Matric certificate and official university transcript / certificates / registration.
- Correspondence will only be conducted with candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants who have not heard from Mintek within three months of the closing date can assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
- Applications may or may not be selected based on Mintek’s employment equity needs. For more info on Mintek’s undergraduate bursary programme please contact Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer on 011 709 4648.
Closing Date: Apply before 31 July 2015 for support during the next academic year.
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the 2016 Mintek Bursary as mentioned above, you should Apply Online for the Latest Online Bursary Programme 2o15. Mintek is one of the famous companies providing Bursary for Students, so you should avail these opportunities available at Mintek in South Africa.