The Brenthurst Foundation has announced the Machel Mandela Internship Programme 2014 in South Africa. The Young Graduates can submit application for Machel Mandela Internships 2014 to get experience in their relevant fields. The Internship Programme 2014 has been started in the honour of former South Africa President Nelson Mandela.
The Machel Mandela Internship Jobs can boost your experience and expertise level in short span of time. It is also pertinent to mention here that you may also get more better job opportunities and career offers from various big companies working in South Africa in near future. So you should submitting your internship job application for Brenthurst Foundation Internships 2014 at the earliest possible time. You should also have a look on the details of programme before submitting your application.
The Brenthurst Foundation Training Programmes / Macle Mandela Internship Programme 2014
The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Internship Programme. Named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel, the Machel-Mandela Internship Programme is open to young persons from Africa or abroad holding an undergraduate degree or above with a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance.
The internship will be available full-time for a minimum period of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment on 1 September 2014. The intern will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg. Interns will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
The Machel-Mandela Internship programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s burgeoning youth population and helps nurture Africa’s future leaders.
The Oppenheimer family established the Brenthurst Foundation in 2004. Today the Foundation is on the frontier of innovative thinking on development and growth strategies, and works at the invitation of African governments in the full spectrum of countries: from those emerging from conflict to those diversifying the economic activities.
The Machel Mandela Internship Programme Details:
The internship will be available full-time for a minimum of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment on 1 September 2014.The intern may be from Africa or abroad and will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg. Interns will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Other work-related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
Requirements / Eligibility Criteria:
- Under 30 years of age
- An Undergraduate or Masters level degree
- Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance
- Broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website : www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org)
Closing Date: 31 March 2013
How to Apply for Machel Mandela Internship Opportunities 2014
Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at [email protected]quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Intern’ in the subject line. If you comply with the eligibility criteria and other requirements provided by Brenthurst Foundation, you should send your C.V. at the company’s email address to apply online for Machel Mandela Training Internship Jobs 2014.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references’ details
- A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
- A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article, of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 15 April, please assume your application to be unsuccessful. If you need more details you can go to the official site of Brenthurst Foundation. So you should not waste your time here and there and apply for Machel Mandela Internships 2014 at your earliest convenient.