The Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) is offering the Latest Bursary Programme 2016/2017 in South Africa. The ATNS Bursaries 2017 are available for talented and hard working student in the field of Traffic Control. The ATNS Careers and Jobs have announced many times in Air Traffic Management field, and you may avail these opportunities or Jobs at ATNS South Africa after getting the desired qualification and experience.
ATNS Jobs usually remain available / vacant in South Africa, and you may avail the ATNS Careers after completing the special training programme. The interested candidates should avail the ATNS Vacancies in order to get aviation training in South Africa.
The ANTS Bursary Scheme 2017 will easily manage your educational expenses, and you will become able to study with more ease and reliability. The ATNS Bursary Application Form should be submitted at the earliest possible time by the interested students. Various Bursaries in South Africa are available, and you may prefer the ATNS Bursaries for 2017. The interested students should forward their bursary application form for the ATNS Bursary 2017 at the first convenient. You may have a look on the details of available bursaries before submitting your application for bursary at the concerned department of the company.
ATNS Bursary Programme 2016 / 2017: ATNS Bursaries in South Africa
Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) offers bursaries for students to train towards a career in air traffic management with the goal of becoming an air traffic control officer (ATCO).?The program provides each bursar with an opportunity to conduct their studies at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park.
The ATCO Trainee Programme consists of three phases: the Bursary Scheme (a bursary contract), the ATC Learnership (conducted under a fixed-term contract) and an ATC Aerodrome Course and Validation Phase (under fixed term contract). The study bursary provides each bursar with an opportunity to conduct their studies at the ATNS Aviation Training Academy.
ATNS primarily provides an advanced air traffic management service, as well as the implementation and maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure.
Phase 1: Bursary Scheme
The following is offered as part of the ATCO Trainee bursary:
- Transport to the guest lodge in Johannesburg at the beginning of the training programme and at the end of the programme (if the bursar is from outside Gauteng)
- Cost of tuition
- Accommodation, on a sharing basis, at a guest lodge arranged by the ATNS ATA for the duration of the core content course
- Transport to and from the ATNS ATA as per study requirements for the duration of the core content course
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily for the duration of the core content course
- A monthly allowance payable at the end of each month
- 10 days of non-academic activities as determined by the study programme co-ordinators.After the initial and core content course (when bursars are posted to an operational control centre for operational exposure learning) they may take care of their own accommodation, meals and transport (ATNS will then increase the monthly allowance) orbursars can opt to continue to stay in the guest lodge as provided by the ATNS ATA.
Phase 2: ATCO Learnership
Once a bursar has successfully completed Phase 1 of the ATCO Trainee programme, he/she will have graduated with an ATSO license rating qualification. The next step to becoming an ATCO is to validate this rating on operational positions. The following is offered as part of the Learnership programme:
In order to validate the ATSO rating and continue with the ATCO training programme, ATNS may offer the bursar an 18 month fixed-term contract (in terms of the bursary contract, the successful bursar accepts this contract) and a salary during the term of this contract.
Bursars should please note:
- they are no longer eligible for company accommodation, transport
- medical aid and pension are not provided as benefits during this contract period and ATCO trainees should ensure that adequate measures are taken to provide for these
- Should a bursar choose not to undertake the fixed-term contract, ATNS may claim the investment made to date by the company.
Phase 3: ATCO
The offer of permanent employment as an Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) will include an ATCO salary in line with the Air Traffic Services (ATS) salary matrix and full benefits (including medical aid, pension etc.). On acceptance of the offer, the ATCO Trainee becomes a fully-fledged member of the ATNS air traffic services team.
- Be a minimum of 18-years-old
- Have Grade 12 with maths and English (HG D or SG C or level 4 upwards)
- Be a South African citizen
- Be medically fit
Applicants should be aware that our application process includes ability assessments and a formal interview.
How to Apply for ATNS Bursaries 2017: Latest Bursary Programme in South Africa
The ATNS is one of the famous companies, and it is offering the 2017 Bursaries for deserving students. If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you should click here to apply online for the recently announced bursary programme 2017. Keep in mind the closing date of the bursary and forward your bursary application at the first convenient. The ATNS Bursaries will pay for your educational expenses, and you will not be searching for any other study finance or student loan.