Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA) is offering the Latest Bursary Programme 2017 in South Africa. TETA Bursaries 2017 are available for Aeronautical Engineers, Chemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Environmental Engineers and Civil Engineers. If you are looking for the Engineering Bursaries for 2017, then you should submit your bursary application form at TETA, South Africa.
TETA Bursary Programme 2017 will provide the educational funds to the students with the above engineering study programmes. If you are looking for Available Bursaries for 2017, then you should join the the TETA Bursary Programme to avail the educational financing. The interested candidates can have a look on the details of TETA Bursary Scheme for 2017 before submitting their bursary application form.
TETA Bursary 2017: The Latest Bursaries for Pilots and Engineers
As a part of its skills development initiatives Transport Education Training Authority awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector. Bursary awards are categorized according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.The Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is offering bursaries and invites all talented and high performing unemployed full-time learners to apply for financial assistance. Learners eligible for bursaries: those who are currently registered or planning to be registered with TVETs, HETs, Accredited Aviation Schools, Accredited Diving Schools as well as learners who completed or will complete matric (Senior Certificate) and plan to commence studies in 2017. Learners are advised to apply for bursaries in line with study programmes listed below and on the TETA website.
NOTE: Learners currently studying at Institutions of Higher Learning are required to apply through their respective Institutions. The list of institutions and contact details are available here.BURSARY STUDY FIELDS OR LIST OF QUALIFICATIONS TO BE FUNDED WITH THE 2016/17 BURSARIES:
- (N1-N6) or ND or B degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- (N1-N6) or National Diploma or B Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- B Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
- National Diploma or B Degree in Business Management
- Commercial Pilot License
- Instructors Rating
- Instrument Rating
- B Com in Aviation
- National Diploma or B degree in Logistics Management
- National Diploma in Operations Management
- National Diploma in Health and/or Safety Management
- National Diploma or B Degree in Road Transport Management
- B Degree in Supply Chain Management
- National Diploma or B degree in Transportation Management
- B degree in Transport Economics
- Commercial Divers, Class 11,111 and IV
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering: (Maritime)
- National Diploma : Maritime Studies
Applicants must be South African citizens and be at the age of 35 years or below. Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification for the applicable courses.
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution, books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth (35 years old and younger) from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities.
How to Apply for TETA Bursaries for 2017 in South Africa
Closing date is 30 September 2016 at 16h30. Click Here to download the application forms which contains a list of qualifications to be funded, guidelines and terms and conditions for the bursaries and other relevant documents.
Application forms must be completed in full. Applicants should clearly state on the application form the chosen course of study, duration of study, cost per year and current year of study. Applications should be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application form.
Fully and correctly completed application forms may be submitted in the following ways: Via Post Private Bag X 10016, Randburg 2125, Hand delivery to TETA Office listed below:
- Gauteng Office: No 344, Pretoria Avenue, Randburg, Attention: Mpho Langa: SD & LP Unit, Hand delivery can also be done to: TETA offices listed below:
- KwaZulu Natal Office: 2nd Floor, 67 KE Masinga Road, Durban 4001 (Att: Ndumiso Nzama),
- Western Cape Office: WBHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands (Att: Zaida Sampson),
- Limpopo Office: Capricon College for FET, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum, (Att: Thandazile Mabuya), Vhembe TVET College: Techniven, Makwarela Campus (Att: Phumudzo Muronga), Lephalale TVET College: C/o Nelson Mandela & Ngoako Ramatlhodi Drive, Onverwacht, Lephalale, (Att: Phaswane Lebogang Sewela)
Only successful candidates will be communicated to. If you do not hear from TETA by the end of January 2017, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
If you need any other information, you can visit the official site of Transport Education & Training Authority (TETA) (www.teta.org.za) for more help. The Engineering Bursaries at TETA will be beneficial for the Engineers in various fields of study. Hence if you are studying engineering, then you must fill out the TETA Bursary Application Form and forward to the concerned department at the first convenient to avail these opportunities.