Great Kei Local Municipality Apprenticeships 2015 for Plumbers in South Africa
The Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) in conjunction with the Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) hereby offers unemployed FET graduates (between the ages of 16 – 35), three years apprenticeship in the local government sector.
The programme targets unemployed graduates for Artisanship in line with the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS III).
The MISA Artisans Development Programme is a structured 3–year artisanship programme focused on recruiting and training young graduates from various FET Colleges for trade testing as Artisans for subsequent employment in local government to support the institutional capacity of host municipalities.
Successful candidates will enter into a three-year apprenticeship contract with the Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent and be deployed to municipal Technical departments.
Opportunities are available in the following trade:
- Plumbing x3
- FET College graduates meeting the minimum academic requirements in the form of:
- N4 Certificate (with relevant N2 trade subjects)
- Applicants must be willing and available to undergo 3 years structured training.
- Applicants must be South African citizens and residing within the below-mentioned municipality. MISA does not guarantee post-apprenticeship employment to graduates owing to participation in the programme.
How to Apply For Great Kei Local Municipality Apprenticeship Programme 2015 for Plumbers
All applications need to include:
- Curriculum Vitae Certified
- Copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Proof of Residential address
Closing Date: 07 January 2015
Applications must be submitted to:
Director: Corporate ServicesMrs. I. Sikhulu NqwenaGreat Kei Municipality, Private Bag X2, KOMGA, 4950 OR 17 Main Road.KOMGA, 4950.
E- Mailed or Faxed applications will not be considered.
Hence if you comply with the eligibility criteria and other necessary requirements, you should forward your job application for the recently announced Government Careers for Plumbers. The Artisan Apprenticeships 2015 have also been announced in the private sector of South Africa, but you should prefer the Government Jobs keeping in view the experience factor.