|Job Title||EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (15 MONTHS)|
|Portfolio||Bulk Water Services – Operations|
|Job Type Classification||Internship|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Town / City||Vereeniging|
|Location – Site||Scientific Services|
|Job Advert Summary||External applications are invited from suitably qualified students who are interested in joining Rand Water to apply for gaining experiential training in the fields/disciplines of Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology in the Analytical Services Department within the Scientific Services Division at Vereeniging.|
|Minimum Requirements||In making the final selection, first preference will be given to: |
• Applicants with a matric and have successfully completed the two years theoretical training as required for a National Diploma in Biotechnology/Microbiology or Chemistry.
• Applicants that are South African Citizens and have a valid SA ID Document.
• Applicants that are under the age of 30 (in line with the NSDS III).
• Applicants that have not participated in previous experiential learning programmes and require the experience to fulfill the requirements of a National Diploma in Biotechnology/Microbiology or Chemistry.
Application must contain the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered).
• Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
• Recommendation letter from the Tertiary training institute verifying that the you must only complete the one year training in the workplace environment
• Certified copies of your ID Document
• Certified copies of your training record including the academic transcript
|Primary Duties||• Basic Principles of ISO 17025|
• Collecting samples for water quality analysis.
• Preparation of media, chemicals, reagents and samples received, for the area of work.
• Performing analytical analysis on samples received.
• The documentation and checking of results on the identified databases.
• Performance of, and documentation of, all quality control checks of identified analytical tests.
• Undertaking and documentation of maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, biological cultures and test kits and ensure that they are correctly maintained.
• The adherence to SHE practices and good housekeeping principles in the area of work
|Knowledge||• Basic Principles of ISO 17025|
|Skills||• Collecting samples for water quality analysis.|
Closing date: 17 january 2019