|Vacancy:||2640: Intern: Graphic Design (2 positions)|
|Department:||Centre for Teaching and Learning|
|Division:||Curriculum Delivery and Innovation|
Centre for Teaching and Learning
Curriculum Delivery and Innovation
Intern: Graphic Design (2 positions)
Job ID: 2640
The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the graphic and multimedia design of the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) materials and various online resources.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to multimedia/graphic design activities.
- Consult with role players within the Centre for Teaching and Learning regarding the design and development of multimedia/graphic design artefacts related to CTL.
- Design multimedia/graphic design artefacts for the use in CTL initiatives.
- Assist and providing support towards the integration of multimedia/graphic designs in an online environment.
- Provide general graphic and multimedia assistance in the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant National Diploma.
- Proven computer skills: Corel Draw x7 or Adobe Illustrator CC, and Adobe Photoshop CC
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Intermediate computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, knowledge of design and layout of materials.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Graphic or Multimedia design, diploma or degree.
- Updated graphic/multimedia design portfolio. (Please attach)
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects would be beneficial.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
30 January 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self Service, Recruiting, and Careers to apply online.